PRAVINITA Singh-Pillay completes twenty years of officially being a Lawyer in Australia.
Born in Fiji, she commenced her tertiary education in Law and Commerce in Australia in 1992. Since admission in 1997, Prav has worked for:
- The Director of Public Prosecutions in Brisbane;
- A general practice firm in regional Queensland;
- An Employment Law firm in California, USA;
- A boutique family law firm on the Gold Coast; and
- Since July 2014 in her own firm – Cornerstone Law Offices.
Prav is also a Nationally Accredited Mediator and Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner.
- Prav’s experiences are in the areas of Family Law, Criminal Defence, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery, Wills & Estates, Conveyancing, and Employment Law.
- At Cornerstone Law Offices, Prav’s practice extends to representing clients in all aspects of Family Law including property matters, de facto relationships, same sex-relationships, spousal maintenance, divorce, domestic violence matters, financial agreements (pre & post nuptial), children’s matters, relocation & recovery, paternity & child support.
- Prav’s legal services also extends to Wills, Powers of Attorney, Estate Administration, Conveyancing, and Debt Recovery.
- Prav has a keen interest in advocacy. Over the years, she has represented clients in numerous mentions, hearings and trials in the Family Court, Federal Magistrates Court, Federal Circuit Court, State Magistrates Court, and Children’s Court. She has represented clients and instructed Counsel in many bench and jury trials in the Superior Courts as well as in hearings in the Appeal Courts.
- In the Family Court and Federal Circuit Court of Australia, Prav represents clients herself at mentions, directions hearings, call overs, and uncomplicated interim hearings. Counsel is retained for complex matters and at trial.
She is from the first group of Griffith Uni law graduates with a double degree program which celebrated its twenty-fifth year.
Prav holds many professional memberships and is actively involved in a number of community organisations as her passion is to give back to the community. She is currently serving as the Secretary of GOPIO Queensland and hosts an information session on Australian Indian Radio – Let’s Talk Legal with Cornerstone Law Offices.